"We will speak the truth in love. We will grow up into Christ in every way." Ephesians 4:15
Welcome to STAR Kids!
At West Highland Church, we desire that children will "grow in the grace of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; that they will get to know Him better" through the study and application of God's Word (2 Peter 3:18).
- We desire to help children follow Jesus Christ by living out their faith at home and using their God-given gifts to serve Him in our church family and in the community that surrounds us.
- We measure our ministry success by whether or not scriptural truths are lived out in the lives of people - children and adults alike.
- We believe it is the relationships you will develop with people at our church that ultimately helps you feel part of a community.
- We look forward to the day you will visit us! When you do, drop by our Children's Welcome Window on the lower level of the church. Our STAR Kids volunteers would love to meet you!
For information on STAR Kids QUEST,
our Tuesday evening program (September to May),
please click here.
During the school year (September-June), we have two identical services on Sunday mornings: one service begins at 9:00 A.M. and the other at 11:00 A.M. In July & August, we have one morning service at 10:00 A.M.
Registration: Parents, please note you will need to formally register your child (up to Grade 6) if they are going to be part of any STAR Kids ministries. Visit us at the Children's Welcome Desk on the lower level and we can guide you!
Nursery 0-24 months - Our volunteers are trained to provide a caring, safe, and loving atmosphere for your baby while you attend the adult worship service. Babies are checked into our nursery prior to each service. A nursing room is also available.
Toddlers to Children in Grade 6
We desire all children to open their hearts to God and encounter the living God daily. So we partner with parents to provide their children with a foundational knowledge of the Bible and supportive relationships.
- Children in Preschool (JK), ages 2 & 3, and Kindergarten (SK), ages 4 & 5, are checked in at our Children's Welcome Desk on the lower level up to 15 minutes prior to each worship service and then are dropped off at their class.
- Children in Grades 1-6 join their parents in worship for the first portion of our service. After the children are dismissed, they join other kids in the same grade for a time of sharing and relationship building. All primary and junior children come together to participate in corporate worship and to hear a portion of God's Big Story. Afterwards, they have the opportunity to respond to God's voice and share in an age-appropriate small group.
- STAR Kids Plus - This ministry is a special class offered on Sunday mornings at 11:00 A.M. to those Grades 1-6 children who have already attended the 9:00 A.M. service. Each week, they have a devotional time followed by fun activities and a snack. This class frees up parents that want to serve in the church on Sunday mornings.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions regarding our programs, our Children's Welcome Desk volunteers on the lower level would be happy to help you out! Meanwhile, here are a few questions we get asked a lot...
What do I do when I arrive with my child?
Come and see us at the Children's Welcome Desk, where you can register and obtain a name tag for your child. This tag also serves as identification for you as the parent/guardian when you pick up your child, since safety is a priority for us. You will be taken to the appropriate classroom by one of our volunteers.
What kind of security measures are in place?
All of our volunteers are approved through a screening process, which includes background police checks, reference checks and interviews. Procedures are in place to make West Highland the safest place for your child. We know you valuable your precious children are!
What if STAR Kids needs to contact me during the service?
In the event that we need to contact you during the service, your family ID number will appear on the monitor in the front right of the Auditorium.
Still have more questions? Contact us.