Babysitter's Course by Canadian Red Cross
Saturday, November 4
9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. – Room 222
Ages 11-17 (Space for 10-24 people)
West Highland is offering a Red Cross Babysitter’s Course to allow our young people to acquire valuable training and have the chance to gain experience in the safe, supervised environment of our ministries. This can also lead to part-time jobs, better safety at home and babysitting opportunities.
- Caring for children of all ages
- Creating safe environments and preventing accidents
- Fire safety and prevention
- What to do in an emergency
- Good decision-making and leadership skills
- Basic First Aid skills
- How to find clients and make money babysitting
There are TWO registration options:
1) Cost is FREE if you register with West Highland and volunteer for five weeks in our Toddler ministry following the course. This is an excellent way to gain confidence and experience in a safe, adult-supervised environment.
2) If you do not register with West Highland and do not participate in the 5-week volunteer option, the course will cost $50 each, plus tax.
Other notes: Bring your own lunch and a child-like doll for first aid practice. The course will be open to the public after one week (beginning October 22nd).
For more information or to register, contact Abigail Stairs or the Church Office.