- WHAT IS YOUTH GROUP
- WHATíS INCLUDED IN STUDENT MINISTRIES
- WHAT CAN MY CHILD EXPECT
- WHO IS IN CHARGE/LEADING
- WHO IS INVITED TO COME
- WHAT IF MY CHILD HAS AN ALLERGY
- DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BRING MONEY
- ARE THERE ANY RULES
- IíM NEW AND WANT TO GET INVOLVED
- We in Student Ministries have the privilege of hanging out with
students in Jr High and Sr High. Through various events both large
and small, we explore faith and seek to encourage growth in relationship with
God. Along the way, lifelong friendships are developed in an accepting and fun
-WHATíS INCLUDED IN STUDENT MINISTRIES
- We call our Junior High group Impact. This is for students in grades 7-8.
- Our Senior High group is called Element and is for students in grades 9-12.
- Outcry is for those who are 18-24.
-WHAT CAN MY CHILD EXPECT
- Every Wednesday, Bible study for Impact and Element is held at the church from 7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. We meet in the gym for fellowship and games and then spend some time in worship led by our youth worship band. After worship, Impact and Element rotate weekly between Discipleship-groups (or "D-Groups") and large group Bible study.
- Youth group is a place where students encounter the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Itís an atmosphere where growth and applying Godís Word into our lives happens.
-WHO IS IN CHARGE/LEADING
- Darren is the Director of Student Ministries. Prior to coming to West Highland he and his wife Ronda served with Inter Varsity Christian Fellowship at Ontario Pioneer Camp. Darren is a great teacher with a big heart for students and a passion to lead them into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- Element and Impact each have an awesome team of adult volunteer leaders. Their bios can be found here.
-WHO IS INVITED TO COME
- Absolutely anyone can come! The students are always encouraged to bring friends.
- This goes for events and retreats as well. We love to have new comers to our group.
-WHAT IF MY CHILD HAS AN ALLERGY
- We strive to have a peanut sensitive environment by following the West Highland policy for allergies. Please inform us of any allergies, either environmental, food related, etc., Inform Pastor Darren as soon as possible.
-DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BRING MONEY
- Not for Wednesday nights. Retreat fees will be told to the parents. Some events may require a fee which will be communicated before the event.
-ARE THERE ANY RULES
- Our rules are communicated as "TraditionsĒ for our students. We hold our students to a high standard both during and outside of youth group functions. To view our rules or traditions, click here.
- IíM NEW AND WANT TO GET INVOLVED
There are many ways for parents to get involved with Student Ministries such as driving to and from events (including Wednesday night gatherings) or bringing food and snacks for events. Student Ministries loves to hear new ideas from past experiences. If you have any questions, feel free to connect Pastor Darren by clicking the image below.
- IMPACT BEDLAM RETREAT (NOV) (form)
- IMPACT SPRING RETREAT (form)
- IMPACT CHRISTMAS PARTY (DEC)
- ELEMENT FALL RETREAT (form)
- ELEMENT RETREAT WINTER (form)
- ELEMENT CHRISTMAS BANQUET (DEC)
RESOURCESWorld's Apart by Chuck Bomar
The life stage of 18-25-year-olds is completely different than it was in previous eras. In just one generation, we see contrasts that used to take two to three generations to surface. This shift has created frustration and confusion with those of older generations. Parents recognize this is a completely different world and struggle to relate the world of their child. Others throw their arms up in bewilderment, assuming they'll never understand. And many church leaders wish they'd 'just grow up.' In this book, Chuck Bomar brings understanding, comfort, and direction to all of this.
Teen Study Bible by Zondervan
This Bible keeps up with you! As an on-the-go teen, you're moving fast. God is moving faster! The Teen Study Bible will help you keep in step with all he has done, is doing, and will do in the world---and in your life. This bestselling Bible will help you discover the eternal truths of God's Word and apply them to the issues you face today.